Attorney Michael P. Katz began practicing law in 1979. He has more than 20 years’ experience as in-house counsel with major design and construction firms.
He served as general counsel and directed corporate legal affairs at Ellerbe Becket, an architectural, engineering, interior design and construction firm:
- Drafting and negotiating design, design/build and joint venture contracts for global projects worth up to $2 billion in construction value
- Managing all claim and litigation activity
- Purchasing and managing Professional Liability and CGL coverages, including oversight of offshore E&O captive
- Developing and implementing risk management programs
When Ellerbe Becket merged with AECOM in 2009, Mr. Katz was a member of the merger and transition teams.
- Of Counsel to a law firm specializing in property tax valuation and litigation
- Deputy general counsel to a division of the nation’s largest heavy/highway contractor, which constructed lock and dam projects and cable-stay bridges across the United States:
- Drafting and negotiating construction and material purchase contracts and equipment leases
- Handling and resolving major claims arising from projects
- Managing litigation in state and federal courts and before federal contracting boards
- B.A., University of Minnesota
- J.D., cum laude, William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, MN